Apply for Housing Specialist for Adult Mental Health Services
Position: Assertive Community Treatment Team
Location: Wilmington, NC
Education and Experience Requirements: Must have a Bachelor's Degree in a Human Service Field and at least 1 year of experience working with Adult Mental Health/SA population Must have a valid NC Driver's License Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 Must be willing to travel in personal car to surrounding counties: New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Must be willing to deliver MH interventions face to face where client resides Must be willing to complete all mandatory trainings after hire for this position. Company is responsible for setting up trainings for new hires
Required Core Skills:
- Technical knowledge
- Cultural awareness
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skill
- Communication skills
- Clinical skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist beneficiaries in obtaining safe, decent, and affordable housing that follows the beneficiary’s preferences in level of independence and location, consistent with an evidenced based Supportive Housing model:
- Locate housing options with a focus on integrated independent settings.
- Apply for housing subsidies and housing programs.
- Assist the beneficiary in developing amicable relationships with local landlords.
- Assist the beneficiary in negotiating and understanding the terms of the lease and paying rent and utilities.
- Provide tenancy support and advocacy for the beneficiary’s tenancy rights at the individual’s home at least monthly. Examples of these interventions include: utility management, cleaning, and relationships with other tenants and the landlord.
- Assist with relocation
- Teach skills in purchasing and repairing household items.
- Provide tenancy support services to beneficiaries transitioning to the community from institution or congregate settings.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in consumer’s conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with Primary Care Physician to plan, implement and evaluate consumer’s needs
- Monitor all aspects of consumer’s care, including diet and physical activity.
- Assess the needs of individuals, families or communities, including assessment of individuals’ home or work environments to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Symptom assessment and management
- Substance abuse treatment
- Work-related services
- Activities of daily living services
- Social, interpersonal relationship and leisure-time activity services
- Support services or direct assistance to ensure that individuals obtain the basic necessities of daily life