Position: Adult Mental Health Outpatient Clinic
Location: Wilmington, NC
Education and Experience Requirements: Must have a valid certification as a CMA or CNA and at least 1 year of experience working in a medical clinic, preferably a Mental Health clinic
Additional Requirements: Must have a valid NC Driver's License
Vaccination Requirements: Must be fully Vaccinated against Covid-19
CMA/CNA Job Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by assisting physician with administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed by physician; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies as directed by physician; drawing blood under direction of physician; administering injections under direction of physician
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient treatment, test results and vitals
- Records billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; completing and submitting prior authorizations, responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Maintains supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements and CARF
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations